The Retail Scorecard is a ready-to-use tool, pre-populated with KPIs for the retail industry, grouped by objectives and Balanced Scorecard perspectives. It illustrates the application of the BSC concept at strategic level and can be employed as part of the Retail performance management system. As a performance management tool it assists in monitoring the alignment of organizational objectives with KPIs and in tracking their achievement.
Retail Scorecard Components
- The Scorecard - represents a catalogue of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used by the Retail industry in order to manage and measure its strategic performance. The KPIs are grouped in the four traditional perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard, each containing objectives and KPIs that describe and assess the performance of the organization from these perspectives:
- Customer: how do our customers see us?
- Financial: how do we satisfy the financial expections of the shareholders?
- Internal Processes: at what processes do we have to excel?
- People, Learning & Growth: can we continue to improve and create value?
- Helicopter view data - contains the performance indicators that offer a broad perspective on the activity and status of the Retail industry, such as the number of sales transactions.
- Data repository - tab used to collect performance data for KPIs and list the targets and tollerance limits established for them.
- KPI catalogue - the repository of descriptive data characterizing each KPI monitored in the Scorecard. Each KPI is documented based on the best practice KPI documentation template proprietory to smartKPIs.com and available in the smartKPIs Premium section of the website. There are over 30 fields of metadata specific to each KPI, from KPI name to definition, subordinate measures, calculation formula, etc.
- KPI description - presentation page for each KPI, in a print friendly format, enabling clear communication around it by making it specific and inteligible for everyone using it.
- KPI record - graphical representation of historical results and comments for each KPI, together with aditional notes.
Why use the Retail Scorecard
- "Intelligent" reporting - communicating "why", mostly for strategic decision making;
- Understanding the context of key scores and the way they influence achievement of strategic outcomes;
- Linking the cause-effect strategy map to the dynamic directions of the Retail industry;
- Aligning the activities within the Retail industry and the pursuit of the organizational strategy.
Customizing the Retail Scorecard
- While pre-populated with thoroughly documented KPIs and other sample data, the template can be customized by customers for internal use within their organization;
- Renaming, adding new data into the spreadsheets and changing template design can be easily done without affecting the integrity of the template;
- A Retail Scorecard Administrator Guide is included with each purchase, making template customization for the specific needs an easy process;
- Template customization support is provided by at cost by the smartKPIs.com team.
Buy now the Retail Scorecard and benefit of this valuable resource immediately by downloading it electronically upon checkout!
- Product ID: sK0116151
- Category: Performance Scorecard
- Formats: Microsoft Office Excel and Word 2007
- Download size: 0.7 MB
- Files: 2
- Publication date: 14 July 2011
- A ready-to-use tool used for managing and measuring performance of Retail industry;
- The template is filled in with relevant data, its use requiring limited effort for adaptating to the specific needs of Retail industry;
- A complete KPI documentation model to be used for all KPIs that populate the Retail Scorecard;
- Optimal performance data vizualization, using traffic lights and other visual aids;
- Developed by the smartKPIs.com reseach analysts, with expertize developed while implementing tens of Balanced Scorecards, reviewing hundreads of best practice performance reports and documenting thousands of KPIs;
- Template design developed based on specifications prepared by Aurel Brudan, smartKPIs.com's Performance Architect and a leading expert in organic performance management.
|"smartKPIs.com provided a simple yet powerful
scorecard and dashboard model to start building
our own with our business intelligence tools."
|"I was pleasantly surprised of the level of experience
and knowledge of the smartKPIs.com team. The toolkit
delivered was what I had anticipated to be."
|Humberto E Della Torre, El Salvador||Alex Giammona, Australia|
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details