Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010
Research & Development (R&D) KPIs are essential for tracking the performance of R&D programs. smartKPIs.com contains over 75 R&D KPI examples, with many other secondary KPI examples grouped in complementary functional areas.
The Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 report is a comprehensive analysis on the most popular KPIs for Research & Development in 2010, selected by the number of views they received from the smartKPIs.com community.
About the R&D functional area
R&D functional area sums up the activities centered around research and development, with the purpose of improving current situations and performance within the organization.
According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, R&D refers to "creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of man, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications."
Highlights from the report
Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 offers an overview of the most popular KPIs for the Research & Development department, by combining input from the smartKPIs.com community with research and analysis from the editorial team. Some of the main sections are:
- "KPIs ... Naturally", an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- A list with the names of the Top 25 R&D KPI examples in 2010 on smartKPIs.com, followed by a brief analysis of each;
- Among the most popular 25 KPI examples for the R&D functional area in 2010, top 3 is made of:
- $ Research & development costs
- # Concept approval cycle time
- $ Development costs per new product
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
Provides vital knowledge of the top 25 KPIs of 2010 which are necessary for assessing and improving your performance in the R&D area.
The top five KPIs are:
$ Research & development costs
# Concept approval cycle time
$ Development costs per new product
# Employees in R&D
%R&D projects involving customers.
- Category: Research reports
- Product ID: sK0118132
- Publication date: November 1, 2011
- File format: PDF
- Download size: 6.61 MB
- Pages: 72
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs ... Naturally
- smartKPIs.com Community Profile
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Functional Areas Taxonomy
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Industries Taxonomy
- KPI Documentation form Explained
- Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 Countdown Analysis
- Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 List
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Related Reports
- Appendix C: About eab group
- Appendix D: eab group Services
- Appendix E: eab group Online Portfolio
"The content was clear, concise and to the point. Successfully organized and easy to understand."
Organizational Development, Zeler & Company, Greece
"The content was satisfactory and up to mark."
Supervisor, Planning & Efficiency, Power and Water Utility Company for Jubail and Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
"The material was very useful and it helped me to better understand KPIs aspects: how to be created, applied, used by pushing the team forward for their maximum performance."
Raw Materials Sales Manager, Arabian Agricultural Services Company, Saudi Arabia
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details