The HR Scorecard is a ready-to-use tool, pre-populated with KPIs grouped by objectives and Balanced Scorecard perspectives. It illustrates the application of the Balanced Scorecard concept at operational level and can be employed as part of the HR department performance management system. As a performance management tool it assists in monitoring the alignment of departmental objectives with KPIs and in tracking their achievement.
HR Scorecard Components
- The Scorecard - represents a catalogue of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used by the HR department in order to manage and measure its operational performance. The KPIs are grouped in the four traditional perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard, each containing objectives and KPIs that describe and assess the performance of the HR department from these perspectives:
- Customer: how do our internal customers see us?
- Financial: how do we satisfy the financial expections of the stakeholders?
- Internal Processes: at what processes do we have to excel?
- People, Learning & Growth: can we continue to improve and create value for the organization?
- Helicopter view data - contains the HR indicators that offer a broad perspective on the HR department's activity and status, such as the number of HR team members or HR budget value.
- Data repository - tab used to collect performance data for KPIs and list the targets and tollerance limits established for them.
- KPI catalogue - the repository of descriptive data characterizing each KPI monitored in the Scorecard. Each KPI is documented based on the best practice KPI documentation template proprietory to smartKPIs.com and available in the smartKPIs Premium section of the website. There are over 30 fields of metadata specific to each KPI, from KPI name to definition, subordinate measures, calculation formula, etc.
- KPI description - presentation page for each KPI, in a print friendly format, enabling clear communication around it by making it specific and inteligible for everyone using it.
- KPI record - graphical representation of historical results and comments for each KPI, together with aditional notes.
Why use the HR Scorecard
- "Intelligent" reporting for communicating performance results and enabling decision making;
- Understanding the context of departmental objectives and KPI reporting;
- Linking the cause-effect strategy map to the portfolio of initiatives of the HR department;
- Aligning the activities within the department in order to fulfill its role and corelate its strategic plan with the organizational strategy.
Customizing the HR Scorecard template
- While pre-populated with thoroughly documented KPIs and other sample data, the template can be customized by customers for internal use within their organization;
- Renaming, adding new data into the spreadsheets and changing template design can be easily done without affecting the integrity of the template;
- A HR Scorecard Administrator Guide is included with each purchase, making template customization for the specific needs of each HR department an easy process;
- Template customization support is provided by at cost by the smartKPIs.com team.
Complementing this template, the HR KPIs for Dashboard and Scorecard companion product, presents in a report format all the KPIs listed in it, with content exported from the smartKPIs Premium section of the website.
- Product ID: sK0116011
- Category: Performance Scorecard
- Format: Microsoft Office Excel and Word 2007
- Download size: 0.5 MB
- Files: 2
- Publication date: 1 March 2011
- A ready-to-use tool used for managing and measuring HR performance;
- The template is filled in with relevant data, its use requiring limited effort for adaptating to the organization's specific needs;
- A complete KPI documentation model to be used for all KPIs that populate the HR Scorecard;
- Optimal performance data vizualization, using traffic lights and other visual aids;
- Developed by the smartKPIs.com reseach analysts, with expertize developed while implementing tens of Balanced Scorecards, reviewing hundreads of best practice performance reports and documenting thousands of KPIs;
- Template design developed based on specifications prepared by Aurel Brudan, smartKPIs.com's Performance Architect and a leading expert in organic performance management.
|"smartKPIs.com provided a simple yet powerful
scorecard and dashboard model to start building
our own with our business intelligence tools."
|"I was pleasantly surprised of the level of experience
and knowledge of the smartKPIs.com team. The toolkit
delivered was what I had anticipated to be."
|Humberto E Della Torre, El Salvador||Alex Giammona, Australia|
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details