The training course offers you the opportunity to become familiar with cultural dimensions and their impact on organizational performance. Diversity and cultural variables are key aspects that define and shape an international working environment, thus nurturing innovation and performance.
Structured as a two-day interactive program, the training course focuses on explaining cultural differences and encouraging development and creativity in environments defined by multicultural teams.
3 Key business benefits
- Improve overall productivity by receiving guidance on how to analyze cultural variables in your own organization;
- Attain better results through properly managing diversity and its influence on the business environment;
- Achieve excellent communication skills and professional relationships within multicultural teams.
- Improve productivity by analyzing the cultural variables at organizational level;
- Increase the quality of your working environment by understanding cultural aspects;
- Increase innovation and creativity through a proper diversity management;
- Take better decisions by understanding the culture’s influence on the business environment;
- Enhance communication and professional relationships within multicultural teams.
- Link management practices to cultural variables;
- Comprehend the fundamentals of cross-cultural management;
- Establish communication and teamwork improvement strategies for your own organization;
- Detect your type of culture in order to activate a maximum business performance;
- Explore best practices in cultural negotiation and conflict resolution processes.
At the end of the entire course program, participants have the opportunity to review their knowledge attained during the entire training course, after successfully completing the learning assessment quiz, which is comprised of 40 questions.
Day 1 – Introduction to cross-cultural management
Course context – Cross-cultural management overview
- Definitions and terminology;
- The advantages of cultural management;
- Disadvantages of poor cultural-management;
- International cultural aspects. Traditional vs. secular-rational values and survival vs. self-expression values.
- Activity: Identify cultural values.
- Best frameworks applied in business: Hofstede, Trompenaars and Schwartz models;
- Cultural characteristics analysis at global level;
- Activity: Analyze various cultural values.
Risk and time as cultural aspects
- Cross-cultural analysis of risk and time preferences;
- Implications of risk and time orientation for cross-cultural managers.
- Activity: Make your own risk assessment and time orientation test.
Implications of different types of cultures in business
- Partnerships and rules. Universalist vs. particularistic culture;
- The group and the individual. Individualist vs. collectivist culture;
- Feelings and relationships. Affective vs. neutral culture;
- Degree of involvement. Specific vs. diffuse culture;
- Activity: Participate in role play exercise on….
Day 2 – Corporate culture, diversity and negotiation
Corporate culture and typologies
- Corporate culture overview;
- Corporate culture typologies;
- Activity: Discuss on various culture typologies case studies.
- Exemplification of cultural differences;
- Reconciliation of cultural differences;
- Activity: Participate in an open discussion on South Africa case study.
Diversity, a key element of performance management
- Elements of diversity;
- Diversity management and strategies;
- Multicultural teams;
- Activity: Work in teams to design a diversity poster.
Negotiation and conflict resolution
- The negotiation process;
- The conflict resolution process;
- Workplace culture and communication improvement;
- Activity: Develop conflict resolution ideas for a certain situation.
Best practices in cross-cultural management
- Case studies, personal evaluations and advice for business performance;
- The importance of managing cultural differences;
- Guides, networks and resources;
- Examples of best practices worldwide;
- Activity: Evaluate yourself for increasing your personal performance.
Review and learning assessment quiz
- Course review;
- Learning assessment quiz.
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details