Certified OKR Professional - Online Course
As the OKR system has gain popularity among businesses outside the IT sector, the challenges of implementing this system in different types of organizations has grown as well. Building a sound framework around OKRs is crucial in overcoming some of the biggest challenges and ensuring the success of the OKR implementation.
This training course presents a rigurous OKR system that embeds 15 years of research in the field of Performance Management and relies on best practices identified in the real business environment.
Bonus: Premium subscription on smartKPIs.com - Available for 6 months, providing access to 500 fully documented KPIs and over 20.000 KPIs enlisted and one research report from the Top 25 KPIs series.
3 Key business benefits
- Improve the strategy execution of your company by identifing the main short term objectives and key drivers of success;
- Obtain better business results by focusing on key streched objectives for each quarter;
- Increase employee accountability by enabling them to practice OKRs alignment and by fostering flexibility.
- Support fast decision making by fostering constant feedback and communication;
- Access an innovative learning experience based on a 3 stage educational process;
- Obtain premium recognition as a Certified OKR ǽ Professional by completing a unique international learning program;
- Expand your business network by becoming a member of the international Certified OKR Professionals Community;
- Champion the use of a rigorous OKRs process within organizations.
- Differentiate between objectives, Key Results and Initiatives;
- Recognize different types of OKRs;
- Acknowledge the benefits of stretched goals;
- Understand OKR setting in different contexts;
- Apply best practice techniques to align OKRs across the organization;
- Comprehend the review and decision making process;
- The qualitative reports Performance Management in 2012 and Performance Management in 2013;
- Webinars: Access to all Performance Maanagement webinar series from 2014 to 2020;
- Catalogues: Negative Behaviors, Targets in Practice, Graphs in Practice;
- Video doodles: 11 videos dedicated to Performance Management;
- Other resources consisting in videos or case studies relevant for implementing and using OKRs.
The certification is the result of a complex, experiential learning program that has 3 sections: pre-course activities, core-course exercises and post-course assignments. The process will be finalized and your Certified KPI Professional diploma granted after successfully completing all 3 stages of the learning experience. The Diploma will certify your skills and knowledge related to the OKR system.
Module 1 - Understanding OKRs
- What are OKRs?
- Stretched goals
- Measurable Key Results
- Action oriented initiatives
Module 2 - OKRs and other Performance Management Systems
- OKRs vs KPIS
- OKRs and KPIs integration
- OKRs vs MBO
Module 3 - Performance Management System based on OKRs
- Challenges in working with OKRs
- OKRs lifecycle
- The value added by OKRs
Module 4 - OKRs typology
- Strategic vs tactical OKRs
- Aspirational vs committed OKRs
Module 5 - Setting OKRs
- OKRs setting process
- Common mistakes in setting OKRs
- OKRs setting in practice
Module 6 - Using OKRs in different environments
- OKRs in general organizations
- OKRs in innovative/ project- based organizations
- OKRs in bureaucratic entities
Module 7 - Aligning OKRs
- OKRs alignment approaches
- OKRs alignment in practice
Module 8 - OKRs review
- OKRs review process
- Types of OKRs review
- OKRs review in practice
Module 9 - Learning from OKRs
- Decision making process based on OKRs
- Initiative management
- OKRs refinement
Module 10 - Changing the organizational culture
- Change management
- Employee engagement
Alina Miertoiu is a Senior Consultant within The KPI Institute, with over 2000 training and consulting hours delivered.
Alina’s recent research and consulting work in the field of strategy execution and performance improvement lead to the development of the training course and advisory services on OKRs, as well as to the establishment of the GCC Utilities Performance Program, dedicated to electricity utilities.
As an educator, Alina delivered the Certified OKR Professional, Certified KPI Professional and Practitioner, Certified Benchmarking Professional and Certified Performance Management Professional a, both as an in-house and open course in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa and several webinars on the topic of performance management.
As a consultant, one of Alina’s significant projects focused on the implemenation of an OKR system in different entities, as well as developing and implementing customized performance management systems based on KPIs for organizations from different sectors, such as government, manufacturing, IT, financial and asset management.
What is the difference between the face-to-face course and the online course?
The course structure is the same, regardless of the delivery method. However, the autonomy given by the self-paced instruction is balanced by the lack of live interaction with the facilitator and other participants while attending.
What are the prerequisites for taking a course?
There is no prerequisites required.
Who should I contact if I have questions throughout the course?
You can communicate with your instructor through the eLearning forum or by email. You are highly encouraged to use these modes of communications.
How do I register for an online course?
You can register for an online course the same way you would register for any training course organized by The KPI Institute.
If you enroll through The KPI Institute Marketplace, after paying the course fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing the instructions and the credentials to access your online course.
If you enroll by fax or telephone, you will also receive your confirmation and instructions by email.
Where and how can I access the e-learning content? Are there any limitations?
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning content on our website. An automated course purchase confirmation email from our side will guide you through the process.
How can I download course materials?
Downloadable course materials are available on our eLearning Platform. These include course slides, assignment templates and supplemental documents that will help you brush up or dive deeper on concepts within that course. However, video presentations are not available for download.
What kind of computer equipment do I need in order to take an online course?
Operating Systems: Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux - chromeOS.
How often should I take breaks during the online course?
We recommend to take periodic breaks while attending the online course. As an example, you may take 10 - 15 minutes at every 1 - 2 hours.
Who do I contact for technical support?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, contact our Customer Service team: [email protected] or +61 3 9028 2223
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details