Certified KPI Professional - Online Course
KPI selection and data gathering are considered by professionals all around the world to be the most challenging aspects in working with KPIs. A way to address these challenges is to build a sound framework to measure KPIs, starting from the moment they are selected, until results are collected to be centralized in performance reports.
This training course presents a rigorous KPI Measurement Framework that embeds 10 years of research in the field of key performance indicators and relies on best practices identified in the real business environment.
Bonus: Premium subscription on smartKPIs.com - Available for 6 months, providing access to 500 fully documented KPIs and over 20.000 KPIs enlisted and one research report from the Top 25 KPIs series.
3 Key business benefits
- Improve the performance of your company by practicing a sound framework for KPI measurement;
- Obtain better business results by selecting the right KPIs to monitor for your company;
- Generate value from using KPIs by optimizing the data collection process.
- Support decision making by accessing relevant performance data;
- Use pre-populated tools to facilitate the implementation of a KPI Measurement Framework in your organization by receiving 10+ templates used in working with KPIs;
- Access an innovative learning experience based on a 3 stage educational process;
- Obtain premium recognition as a Certified KPI Professional by completing a unique international learning program;
- Expand your business network by becoming a member of the international Certified KPI Professionals Community.
- Differentiate between objectives, KPIs and initiatives;
- Understand KPI selection in different contexts;
- Apply best practice techniques to KPI selection;
- Document KPIs in a standardized template;
- Learn when and how to use benchmarking in target setting;
- Optimize the KPI activation and data gathering process.
- The KPI Infographic;
- The qualitative reports Performance Management in 2012 and Performance Management in 2013;
- Catalogues: KPI Documentation Forms, Negative Behaviors, Targets in Practice, Dashboards, Scorecards, Graphs in Practice;
- Fact Sheets: KPI Definitions, KPIs in Practice, Terminology in Practice, KPI Selection Criteria, Performance Management Related Theories;
- Video doodles: What is a KPI; a KRI and Metrics; What is a Dashboard; What is a Scorecard; Understanding the KPI Documentation Form;
- Other resources consisting in videos, whitepapers or case studies relevant for KPI measurement.
The certification process is finalized only when you complete all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. You will receive the Certified KPI Professional diploma after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. This certifies the skills and knowledge related to performance measurement field.
Module 1 - Introduction to the world of KPIs
- Challenges in performance measurement;
- The value added by KPIs;
- The Performance Management System Architecture
- Strategic Planning tools;
- Performance Measurement tools;
- Performance Improvement tools;
- KPI Management Framework Concept Map
- Governance and Competencies;
- KPI use case scenarios.
Module 2 - Understanding KPIs
- Standardizing terminology
- Metrics, KPIs and KRIs
- Objectives, KPIs and Initiatives
- KPI lifecycle.
Module 3 - KPI Typology and Taxonomy
- Leading vs. lagging KPIs;
- Qualitative vs. quantitative KPIs;
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness KPIs;
- KPI DNA map.
Module 4 - KPI Selection
- KPI selection process
- KPI Selection techniques
- KPI Expo;
- KPI Clustering;
- KPI selection workshop;
- KPI Balancing;
- KPI Selection Criteria.
Module 5 - KPI Alignment
- KPI alignment approaches;
- KPI selection for corporate scorecard;
- KPIs cascaded to operational level.
Module 6 - KPI Documentation
- KPI documentation form;
- KPI documentation process.
Module 7 – KPI Target Setting
- Target setting process;
- Target setting approaches;
- Target setting scenarios;
- Weights and indexes;
- Challenges in working with targets.
Module 8 - Data gathering
- Data quality dimensions;
- Data gathering process;
- Data gathering tools;
- Data gathering techniques;
- Working with data custodians.
Module 9 - Data Visualization
- Guidelines in data visualization for Dashboards;
- Guidelines in data visualization for Scorecards.
Cristina’s research activity is reflected by the development of smartkpis.com database, documenting over 1,000 KPIs from 16 functional areas and 25 industries. She also coordinated the launch of over 90 reports ”Top 25 KPIs in 2011-2012”; and the development of book series: The KPI Compendium, The KPI Dictionary – Volume 1 and Volume 2, The KPI Dictionary Series.
As a consultant, Cristina was involved in several projects for implementing a performance management system based on Balanced Scorecard at strategic, operational and individual level.
Among representative clients, is mentioned Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund and VM Finance Group. Furthermore, she revised the performance management architecture of companies from different industries, including financial institutions, petrochemicals, public sector, health and professional services.
As a Master Trainer, certified by Association for Talent Development, USA, Cristina facilitates training courses related to the use of KPIs at strategic, operational and individual level. Besides delivering and contributing to the development of face-to-face or online training courses, Cristina also elaborates other educational materials, such as video doodles or webinars in the field of managing and measuring performance in organizations.
What is the difference between the face-to-face course and the online course?
The course structure is the same, regardless of the delivery method. However, the autonomy given by the self-paced instruction is balanced by the lack of live interaction with the facilitator and other participants while attending.
What are the prerequisites for taking a course?
There is no prerequisites required.
Who should I contact if I have questions throughout the course?
You can communicate with your instructor through the eLearning forum or by email. You are highly encouraged to use these modes of communications.
How do I register for an online course?
You can register for an online course the same way you would register for any training course organized by The KPI Institute.
If you enroll through The KPI Institute Marketplace, after paying the course fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing the instructions and the credentials to access your online course.
If you enroll by fax or telephone, you will also receive your confirmation and instructions by email.
Where and how can I access the e-learning content? Are there any limitations?
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning content on our website. An automated course purchase confirmation email from our side will guide you through the process.
How can I download course materials?
Downloadable course materials are available on our eLearning Platform. These include course slides, assignment templates and supplemental documents that will help you brush up or dive deeper on concepts within that course. However, video presentations are not available for download.
What kind of computer equipment do I need in order to take an online course?
Operating Systems: Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux - chromeOS.
Who do I contact for technical support?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, contact our Customer Service team: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 9028 2223
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details