Certified Benchmarking Professional - Online Course
The online course provides a benchmarking methodological uniqueness is represented by the identification of those processes that lead to superior performance, followed by the analysis of the best practices behind the business success. Benchmarking offers the opportunity to compare an organization’s performance against industry competitors, being aware of strengths, weaknesses and different ways of executing projects.
As successful businesses constantly focus on improving the quality of their processes, products and services, benchmarking comes as one of the best approaches in achieving innovative ideas and superior procedures within your organization, through finding and implementing best practices.
In order to ensure a successful benchmarking study, professionals should not only become familiar with how to drive a good selection of the variables to be measured, but also how to determine the comparison compatibility of the measured processes and allocate the resources accordingly.
3 Key Business Benefits
- Reach performance improvement by receiving guidance and international benchmarking expertise on conceiving and applying an optimum benchmarking plan;
- Achieve excellence in your organizational processes and initiatives by applying benchmarking best practices;
- Attain superior results by managing performance gaps based on benchmarking data.
- Improve your organizational processes by applying benchmarking best practices;
- Set up and apply a benchmarking plan in your own organization, in order to increase competitiveness;
- Link benchmarked data to your organizational strategy and performance objectives;
- Acquire experience and insights from best practices examples to suit your organization’s reality;
- Receive a premium recognition of your expertise in benchmarking through the certification granted by The KPI Institute.
- Get insights into benchmarking concept and its advantages;
- Systematize the monitoring and reporting techniques;
- Design a benchmarking plan for your organization;
- Understand fundamentals of data collection;
- Identify performance gaps and formulate initiatives;
- Select the relevant benchmarks and establish a monitoring process.
The certification process is finalized only when you complete all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. You will receive the Certified Benchmarking Professional diploma after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. This certifies the skills and knowledge related to benchmarking field.
Module 1 – Benchmarking overview
- Introduction to benchmarking
- Types and styles of benchmarking
- Types of best practice benchmarking
- Performance benchmarking through KPIs
- Benchmarking process and stages
Module 2 – How to develop a benchmarking plan
- Scope and purpose establishment
- The benchmarking team
- The benchmarking targets
- The benchmarking partners
- Project management techniques
Module 3 – Data collection
- Benchmarking data sources
- Focus groups and challenges for data collection
- Data collection instruments and secondary research
- Questionnaire development
Module 4 – Data governance
- International data reporting standards
- Data quality and value drivers
Module 5 – Data analysis
- Data analysis and comparison
- Data visualization and analysis of performance gaps
Module 6 – Insight generation
- Formulate initiatives to close performance gaps
- Develop action and implementation plan
- Just in time, Model customer and Model supplier
- Adapt improvements
- Monitoring and reporting processes
Module 7 – Best practices in benchmarking
- Illegal benchmarking practices and guidelines
- Examples of best practices: BMW
- Examples of best practices: Bosch
- Examples of best practices: Southwest Airlines
- Examples of best practices: HR
- Examples of best practices: Google
Andrada is a certified trainer, collaborator of The KPI Institute. Andrada has coordinated the Benchmarking capability of The KPI Institute and was responsible for the first benchmarking project of the company, which seeks to provide a comparative analysis of the hospitals’ performance in the GCC States.
Moreover, she was in charge with developing and delivering courses both on Benchmarking and Cross-cultural Management, and research activities which involve documenting KPIs in various functional areas and industries. Andrada was also one of the active editors of the Performance Magazine, publishing articles in the field of performance management.
Her work experience acquired in consulting and account management significantly improved her communication and negotiation capabilities. Also, as an employee of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty Munich, she developed project management skills and acknowledged the importance of cultural differences management in a multinational with a diverse working environment.
Andrada is also a PhD candidate in Engineering and Management and discovered her passion for research during her Masters studies at the Technical University of Munich, where she obtained a degree of Master of Science in Consumer Affairs and conducted various research on behavioral marketing, strategy and leadership.
She is internationally certified in working with KPIs and regularly attends international conferences, where she publishes research articles in management field. She is also a seminar lecturer of Human Resources Management and successfully completed the Master Trainer Program facilitated by The Association for Talent Development (ATD).
What is the difference between the face-to-face course and the online course?
The course structure is the same, regardless of the delivery method. However, the autonomy given by the self-paced instruction is balanced by the lack of live interaction with the facilitator and other participants while attending.
What are the prerequisites for taking a course?
There is no prerequisites required.
Who should I contact if I have questions throughout the course?
You can communicate with your instructor through the eLearning forum or by email. You are highly encouraged to use these modes of communications.
How do I register for an online course?
You can register for an online course the same way you would register for any training course organized by The KPI Institute.
If you enroll through The KPI Institute Marketplace, after paying the course fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing the instructions and the credentials to access your online course.
If you enroll by fax or telephone, you will also receive your confirmation and instructions by email.
Where and how can I access the e-learning content? Are there any limitations?
Once you register with us for a course by paying the course fee, you can have 24/7 access to the e-learning content on our website. An automated course purchase confirmation email from our side will guide you through the process.
How can I download course materials?
Downloadable course materials are available on our eLearning Platform. These include course slides, assignment templates and supplemental documents that will help you brush up or dive deeper on concepts within that course. However, video presentations are not available for download.
What kind of computer equipment do I need in order to take an online course?
Operating Systems: Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux - chromeOS.
Who do I contact for technical support?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, contact our Customer Service team: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 9028 2223
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details