Applied Strategy and Business Performance Improvement with KPIs
This course provides a three days roadmap to improvement, of your long-term organizational performance. You will explore the foundation of a successful business strategy and then translate it into actionable objectives.
The solution for a higher success rate is to set quantifiable objectives and accordingly, use the right KPIs. The course provides the needed Measurement Framework to properly select the relevant KPIs, to document them and gather data.
In order to improve your organization’s performance, the measurement of results needs to be connected to proper management. Therefore, 6 pillars need to be used to set the basis of a solid Performance Management Framework, from data analysis and reporting, continuing with decision making and initiative management, to learning and building a performance culture.
3 Key business benefits
- Achieve the desired state of organizational evolution, by developing a strategy plan and receive guidance on how to implement it;
- Improve the performance of your company by practicing a sound framework for KPI measurement;
- Manage poor performance in an effective manner through corrective actions and initiative management and measure their impact.
- Ensure excellent strategy implementation, by accessing and using rigorous strategy planning tools;
- Access rigorous tools that help you implement a framework for KPI Measurement, by receiving 10+ templates used in working with KPIs;
- Improve performance at all levels, by identifying and addressing specific challenges;
- Develop and maintain a functional Performance Management System;
- Enhance the decision making process by using relevant data.
- Select the right tools to scan the external and internal organizational environment;
- Practice the development of an efficient strategic plan;
- Differentiate between objectives, KPIs and initiatives;
- Apply best practice techniques for KPI selection;
- Document KPIs in a standardized template;
- Learn how to efficiently use performance improvement pillars;
- Analyze best practices in monitoring and reporting KPIs.
The Learning Assessment Quiz will take place at the end of the third day of training.
Day 1: Strategy development
Strategy and strategic thinking
- Strategy and business planning;
- Reasons, philosophy, principles and rules of strategic planning;
- Organizational dimensions of strategic planning.
- Vision and mission statement;
- Values and value drivers;
- Strategic tools;
- Desired State of Evolution development.
- External environment scanning – PESTEL analysis, Porter’s Model of 5 forces;
- Internal environment scanning – SWOT analysis.
- The correlation with the SWOT analysis: problem and objective trees;
- The correlation with the 3S: SMART objectives;
- Strategy map development.
Day 2: Measuring Performance
- Challenges in Performance Measurement;
- The value added by KPIs;
- KPI concept map;
- KPI related terminology;
- KPI typology.
- KPI selection process;
- KPI selection sources;
- KPI selection techniques.
- KPI documentation form functions;
- KPI documentation process;
- Challenges in working with targets.
Data visualization and gathering
- Guidelines for designing efficient templates;
- Usability in terms of visual design;
- KPI activation tools and techniques;
- Data gathering sources.
Day 3: Managing Performance
Data analysis and reporting
- Levels of KPI analysis;
- Quality assurance review;
- Report compilation;
- Performance reports in practice.
Decision making and initiative management
- Performance review meetings;
- Business analysis techniques;
- Portfolio of initiatives development;
- Initiatives documentation process.
Learning and improvement
- KPI lifecycle - evolution;
- Strategy review;
- Performance Management System recalibration;
- Organizational Capability Maturity Models;
- Performance Management Maturity Model.
Building a performance culture
- Change management;
- Employee performance management;
- Employee engagement;
- Bonus systems examples;
Review &Learning assessment quiz
- Course review;
- Learning assessment quiz.
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details