Certificate in Root Cause Analysis
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is an analytic process designed to help identify the underlying factors that have contributed to or have directly caused a major adverse event or systems failure. The results of an RCA are typically utilized to guide and direct changes to processes, the environment, and human behavior in order to prevent or reduce the probability that the adverse event will occur in the future.
The workshop will be an interactive and knowledge packed team building session which is disciplined and constructive. The methodologies will be based on team building approach, it supports outlining the course step by step, encouraging the team to be creative and building the case study.
Key business benefits
- Understand, construct, map, implement, and monitor the “Root Cause Analysis methodology”;
- Identify where and when RCA can be used effectively and efficiently for best results;
- Build and engage the RCA team to provide true evidence, tangible solutions to what appears to be business issues.
- Familiar with organizational process;
- Technical base skills;
- Management base skills.
- A part of policy and goals of the organisation;
- Providing long term improvement;
- A powerful vehicle to enhance people’s skills;
- Eliminate chronical problems and improve uptime;
- Proactive technique and analytical methodology;
- Systematic approach to analyse failures;
- Target the root cause to trig the appropriate training;
- Initiate project management initiatives
Quiz I: Self Assessment
- Self Evaluation; Paradigme of RCA; The Score.
Phase I: Developing The Team And The Project Charter
- Problem identification: information gathering by using all existing sources as part of the investigation;
- Choice the RCA methodology: 5P, 8D, Ishikawa, 5Why, PDCA, TOPS, Shanin (RedX);
- Build RCA case & the team: map the road map for the RCA case. Choose the core team & steering committee.
Phase II: Interview Techniques & Investigation
- Data History & Analysis: ensure data is used to trend chronical event;
- Interview: techniques to trig right information. Monitor and track information using CMMS & other systems;
- Evidence Validation: track the proof of evidence and ensure the cause is qualified.
Exercise I: Mapping The Project (Case)
- Case from your own process: project title, data numbering, chart and trends;
- Develop the RCA Case: project charter. Interview techniques and identification of PoC.
Phase III: Logic Tree & Finding
- Hypothesis: escalate the hypothesis per mode and avoid recurrence;
- Error Identification & Classification: each error is qualified based on the evidence;
- Potential Cause: direct failure is the potential cause with high consequence.
Exercise II: Map the Logic Tree
- Map the Logic Tree: RCA layers. Identify the appropriate hypothesis per mode. Conduct the analysis and quantify the impact of occurrence. Highlight the potential cause with given reason.
Phase IV: Assignment & Verification
- PDCA-RASI: core team and steering committee to agree on finding;
- Time frame: map the events within the time calendar;
- Audit control: implement corrective solutions. Ensure the solution are permanent and robust.
Phase V: ROI & Improvement
- Financial Impact: evaluate the loss revenue. CNQ as an indicator to the quality management;
- Choice Of Improvement Tool: dedication to operational excellence to improve global operating processes;
- Improvement Cost Tracking: scorecard for financial tracking. Monthly improvement analysis and gaps identification.
Exercise III: Final Report
- PDCA: final report with assignment;
- Financial impact: present the choice of KPIs and scorecard for improvement. Present improvement tools.
Quiz: Evaluation & Knowledgement
- The Knowledgment;
- The score.
Sr. Manager & Consultant, over 20-year expertise in heavy industry in Maintenance, reliability, project management and operational excellence. Facilitate over 300 workshops globally.
Khalil has extensive operations management, maintenance & reliability management, project management, process performance and CI capability. Global experience in manufacturing, mining and consulting. He managed core and supported business functions, strategic project management office.
Khalil has managed and assessed global projects for large organizations on process management, business performance, operations, maintenance and integrated equipment reliability, optimizing manufacturing foot prints, operation system integration, operations due diligence, trainingcoaching and mentoring clients.
He has extensive experience in lean manufacturing, six sigma, project management, operations management, asset management, advance problem solving and strategy deployment in complex large organizations worldwide. He has deep exposure in product transformation and quality management systems (ISO 9001, ISO11000, ISO55000, TS 16949, Mil-Std).
Khalil has worked across the world Canada, USA, China, Middle East and Africa in multi-sector global diverse organizations including OCP, MAAX, Electrolux, ArcelorMittal, CliffsNR, SMEC, MeTraining, Argo consulting, Vertex-K.
Online Purchasing Instructions
Choose a product and add it to the cart
Add more products or proceed to checkout
Fill in all the information and finalize the order
Check your email for confirmation and details